International School of Laos (formerly known as Eastern Star Schools) looks for qualified new team members to join in all year round. International School of Laos is one of the well-known bilingual/international school in Vientiane, Laos. In its three campuses, Nongbone-Thongkang and Pakse, the ISL serves ages 2-18.
Vientiane is a calm and friendly city where you can find a vibrant expat community. It is colorful local culture, rich cuisine, great selection of cafes and helpful residents makes the city life a blissful experience. While living a laid back city life, you can get to big megapolisses during your long weekends with 1-2 hours direct flights.
For more info about Laos:
About International School of Laos
Previously known as Eastern Star International School is one of the leading international/bilingual private education institution serves around 900 students with its three locations. Lately rebranded as International School of Laos is aiming to raise its quality and achievements to new heights.
ISL uses Cambridge Primary Checkpoint, Cambridge Secondary and Cambridge IGCSE curriculum as its core curriculum for grade 1-12. For Pre-school, we follow a hands-on, play based curriculum enhanced with supplemental materials.
ISL highly specializes on STEM education through its ICT, and Lego robotics. The schools are well known with its International achievements ranging from athletics to robotics competitions.
ISL Nongbone located at the heart of Vientiane and serves grades PreK-12; ISL Thongkan located in so called diplomatic area of Vientiane and serves grades PreK-4 and ISL Pakse is the only international school located in the Southern Laos.
Duties / Expectations
- 24 hours/week teaching duty
- Coaching/mentoring one club each semester (teacher can decide the club activity based on interest and academic qualifications)
- Participating mandatory school/ department meetings
- Conducting two parent meeting and one home visit
- Be a positive role model to the students
- Uphold schools mission and vision
- Cooperate with other teachers on planning, assessment and projects
- Competitive Salary
- Tax free income
- Up to 20 days paid public holidays\term breaks
- Health insurance for employee
- Professional development opportunities with Cambridge
- Work and Residence permits are provided
- Automatic pay raise for the second year and each subsequent year
- And more…
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Majors in Education, Early years-Elementary-Secondary Education etc.
- Native speaker or Non Native Speaker with a good command of English (Non Native Speakers must submit result of a recognized English proficiency exam such as TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS)
- Previous experience with Cambridge Assessment International
- Education is plus
- Minimum professional work experience 2 years.
- Kind, friendly, creative, and interactive personality
- Open to grow
- Open to learn and respect local culture
How to Apply?
You can apply by sending your resume, diploma, transcript and first page of passport to firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Please indicate your specialist area in the subject line of the email for example “Math Teacher Candidate” “ESL Teacher Candidate” etc.